Our days as a family of 3 are winding down and I feel so incredible fortunate to be blessed with such an amazing family and a beautiful life. Joel has been incredible supportive of my needs/wishes and that allowed me to take the 1.5 off before Baby T comes. Mailande and I have had so much fun spending time together. With other recent changes, I was a little hesitant about giving up the paycheck, but the memories we've made the past 1.5 weeks have been well worth more than any paycheck DCPS could pay me. We've enjoyed snuggling, the zoo, the art museum, art projects, dance contests, walks, cooking, and seeing various friends and family.
We are so excited to welcome our little man, whenever he is ready to come. 3 days until his due date and we are looking forward to all the changes we have ahead of us :)
In lieu of a picture, here is a list of new things Mailande has been working on:
1. ABCs....Mai can say almost the entire alphabet (minus about 2-3 letters each time)
2. She can count from 1-10 (although she prefers 2, 3, 6, 9)
3. Mailande loves naming colors. Mommies favorite is Lello (yellow) and Mai's new favorite color is purple
4. Mai has gotten really good at naming all her friends and family and is not nearly as shy as she had been. She has finally taken to her Uncle Tommy and Mattie and loves to play with them and talk about them.
5. Mai can't go to sleep at night/naptime unless she reads Goodnight Moon and can say Goodnight to all her friends and family-so sweet- and she even remembers to name the dogs and cats