Friday, November 18, 2011

Bye Bye Binky

Before Baby Thomas gets here there are lots of things I'd like to do with Mailande to help her prepare to be a Big Sister. These things include:
1. potty training
2. moving out of the crib and into a big girl bed
3. giving up her binky

Tonight on a whim, I decided we should attempt a binky-less night. This way mommy could have a sleepless wkend and all of next week while on break from work. I put Mai down and she was very confused by the lack of binky. It has only been used for bedtime, so the two go hand in hand. She fake cried for about 15 minutes while turning her seahorse music player on again and again. With the music playing, I could tell she was trying to calm herself down. 15 minutes in and she was fast asleep. I'm hoping the rest of the night is just as smooth.

I do have to admit, now that she is asleep, I am feeling a little teary eyed myself about all these big girl changes that Mailande is making. Guess it means she really is growing up. So proud of my sweet baby girl, just wish I could freeze her at this age for a little bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment